A former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, has spoken on a well-circulated report where she was quoted to have declared her support for President Muhammadu Buhari.
The former Minister described the report as false, adding that it was the handiwork of desperate people.
Reports emerged on the pages of some dailies where the economic guru was also quoted to have said that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was planning to return to power to hold the nation to ransom once again.
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was quoted to have said that the ex-Generals were ‘murmuring’ because they know Buhari won’t renew their oil blocs
She also said to have stated that socio-cultural groups were angry because no more Ghana Must Go bags to support Buhari.
On the newspaper page, she was also quoted to have attacked royal fathers; corrupt religious leaders; corrupt legislators; corrupt civil servants, and so on.
But sharing the newspaper’s page on Twitter, Ngozi warned that more of such news may still be circulated, but they should be considered fake.
She tweeted, “This is false and in line with other false messages, including the audio that was released previously.
“Please note that similar mischievous messages may circulate but it is the work of desperate people.”
- Nigerians fire INEC over elections postponement February 16, 2019
- Joyce Meyer 16 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Tear Down Your Walls with Faith February 16, 2019
- Breaking: PDP rejects postponement of election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: INEC postpones today’s election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: INEC to shift Saturday’s elections February 16, 2019