An escalator at a metro station in Rome lost control yesterday, sending dozens of people crashing into each other at terrifying speed. The incident which occured at the Repubblica underground station was ahead of the Champions League clash in the Italian capital.
The station was filled with CSKA Moscow fans who were headed to the Stadio Olimpico for their team’s match against Roma. The escalator however malfunctioned when the fans – said to be singing and jumping – were making use of it.
At least 20 people were injured, with one fan’s foot partially severed and seven others seriously hurt.
Rome Mayor Virginia Raggi visited the metro station and said the local transport authority had opened an investigation.
- Vote for candidate that can reduce killings, PFN tells members February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: How Nnamdi Kanu made cabal, Buhari postpone presidential election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: We condemn INEC’s postponement of Nigeria’s election – APC February 16, 2019
- Nigerians fire INEC over elections postponement February 16, 2019
- Joyce Meyer 16 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Tear Down Your Walls with Faith February 16, 2019