Juventus manager, Massimilaino Allegri, has insisted he will continue to play Cristiano Ronaldo, amid a police investigation into a rape allegation against the Portuguese forward.
Allegri said at a news conference on Friday, that there was no reason to take Ronaldo out of the lineup and rest him for Saturday’s clash with Genoa.
Ronaldo has a 100 percent appearance record for the Bianconeri in Serie A and has scored four and set up five in his eight Serie A games this season.
“He’s very calm and working well, and I’m not the one to respond to things that don’t concern me because they are personal.
“Besides, he’s arrived here with great humility and settled in well, giving attention and a sense of responsibility to a side who have always had this.
“He’s scoring goals too, which is what he does best, in addition to the assists,” Allegri said.
Ronaldo is the focus of a criminal investigation in Las Vegas, accused of rape, with police re-opening a case from 2009.
- 2019 Election: How Nnamdi Kanu made cabal, Buhari postpone presidential election February 16, 2019
- Breaking: We condemn INEC’s postponement of Nigeria’s election – APC February 16, 2019
- Nigerians fire INEC over elections postponement February 16, 2019
- Joyce Meyer 16 February 2019 Daily Devotional – Tear Down Your Walls with Faith February 16, 2019
- Breaking: PDP rejects postponement of election February 16, 2019