Senator Shehu Sani who few weeks ago dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP), has disclosed how President Muhammmadu Buhari and the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, delayed his exit from the ruling party.
Senator Shehu Sani who represents Kaduna central in the red chamber, denied demanding automatic ticket from the APC while being interviewed on Sunday Politics, a Channels Television programme.
According to the Senator who lost the party’s senatorial ticket to El-Rufai’s candidate, Uba Sani, despite having the backing of the National Working Committee (NWC), one has to be in the good book of a Governor or somebody close to the seat of power to emerge a candidate of the APC.
“There was no time I demanded that I should be given automatic ticket. Last July, there was an uprising in the national party whereby legislators decided to decamp and I was part of the team but I was held back through the intervention of Bola Tinubu and President Buhari.
“They gave me the assurance that the issues prompting me to leave the party will be addressed.
“There were discussions and promises whereby those of us who have raised issues of problems with governors of our state will be addressed.
“For you to emerge as a candidate in the APC, first of all, you have to have somebody close to the seat of power, secondly if you are in the favoured book of the governor,” he said.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019