Boko Haram Attack – Three soldiers are feared dead after a Boko Haram attack on a military base in Borno state.
Boko Haram fighters believed to be from the IS-affiliated Islamic State West Africa Province attacked the base in the town of Kareto, 150 kilometres (about 90 miles) north of the state capital Maiduguri last night Wednesday, November 15th.
The militants temporarily dislodged troops from the base before being repelled with aerial support, the sources said.
“We lost three soldiers in the fight and several others are still missing. The terrorists were smoked out of the base by a fighter jet which deployed to the scene” said a military source who spoke on anonymity
The military source did not however state if the sect members carted away any weapons.
“The bodies of three soldiers were recovered after the attack,” said the militia who preferred not to be identified. More troops have arrived in Kareto but most residents have not returned,” an eyewitness said
It was the second attack on the military base in two years.
- Model Michelle Okoro poses completely naked in new photo March 26, 2019
- Princess Shyngle shares 4 things women hate during sex (18+) March 26, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 27 March 2019 – Dr Paul Enenche March 26, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 27 March 2019 – Out of the Mouths of Babes March 26, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 27 March 2019 – From Believing to Perceiving March 26, 2019