Bomb hidden in vegetables kills at least 20 in Pakistan
At least 20 people were killed and 50 wounded when a bomb hidden in a carton of vegetables ripped through a crowded marketplace in Pakistan’s restive northwestern tribal region Friday, officials said.
The attack took place during the regular Friday bazaar in Kalaya, a town in a Shiite-dominated area of Orakzai tribal district, senior local official Khalid Iqbal told AFP.
“According to our initial investigation, it was an improvised explosive device hidden in a carton of vegetables,” he said.
A second official, Ali Jan, confirmed the toll. Orakzai is one of seven restive semi-autonomous tribal regions on the Afghan border, an area that has long been a focal point in the global war on terror and was famously described by Barack Obama as “the most dangerous place in the world”.
- Zee World: Saturday 23 Update on This is Fate March 22, 2019
- Zee World: Saturday 23 March Update on Twist Of Fate March 22, 2019
- Zee World: Saturday 23 March Update on Gangaa March 22, 2019
- Teacher filmed physically assaulting one of his female students in Lagos (video) March 22, 2019
- Two Nigerian women fight dirty in Italy (video) March 22, 2019