President Buhari has been conferred with the prestigious Polio Champion Award in recognition of his uncommon commitment and leadership in the polio eradication programme in Nigeria.
Rotary International President, Barry Rassin, who is on a four-day official visit to Nigeria, presented the award to President Buhari, Thursday, at State House, Abuja.
The Polio Champion Award was instituted by Rotary International in 1995 to recognize and appreciate Heads of Governments and organisations that have played a key role in polio eradication around the world.
The last recipient of the Award was Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada. Other past recipients include Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany and former UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019