A Dallas woman is fighting for her life after she went to Mexico for a nose job which wasn’t successful.
The botched procedure put real estate agent Laura Avila in a coma and her family is desperately trying to get her better medical care.
Avila traveled to Ciudad Juarez last month to save money on the plastic surgery, as it’s significantly cheaper there. But, according to her lawyer, the anesthesia used on her was administered incorrectly and way too early.
The clinic staff allegedly left Avila under anesthesia for hours because the head doctor was running late. As a result, Laura suffered severe brain swelling and went into a coma.
Laura was stuck in Mexico for 8 days before her family could finally transfer her to a hospital in El Paso, Texas, where doctors revealed she’d have to be kept alive with breathing tubes and machines, or be taken off life support. The family now wants a second opinion in Dallas but they’re having problems getting her admitted to a hospital in Dallas because she lacks insurance.
Her family has now created a GoFundMe account to help pay for her treatment.
- EFCC boss, Magu reveals amount stolen under Goodluck Jonathan March 25, 2019
- Two nurses arrested for allegedly selling baby for N350,000 (Photos) March 25, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Sunday Nkechi Blessing takes off her top in MC Galaxy’s live video March 25, 2019
- I flirted with some male housemates because men are sex-driven, says Ahneeka March 25, 2019
- Groups list what Ihedioha must do to Gov. Okorocha March 25, 2019