Bayern Munich striker, Franck Ribery was reportedly involved in a physical confrontation with a French journalist after the club’s 3-2 defeat to Borussia Dortmund this weekend.
The club has confirmed that there was an ‘altercation’ between Ribery and TV reporter Patrick Guillou post-match. Eyewitness reports claimed the 35-year-old pushed and slapped the journalist but the club have insisted they are dealing with the matter internally.
Bayern’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic said: ‘Franck Ribery has informed us that he had an altercation with his compatriot Patrick Guillou, whom he has known well for many years. We agreed with Patrick Guillou that we would speak at a personal meeting, we will talk about how we can solve the matter, and Mr Guillou has already signaled that it is in his interest.’
The incident reportedly started when Guillou appeared to blame Ribery for two of the goals during a post-match interview.
- Women take to the streets to protest the renewed political violence in Kogi February 16, 2019
- Buhari departs Katsina, arrives Abuja following election postponement (photos) February 16, 2019
- Breaking: Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11 February 16, 2019
- Actress Regina Daniels displays cleavage in braless photos February 16, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off her new whip, a Mercedes-Benz ML350 (Photos) February 16, 2019