The National Autonomous Federation of Football of Honduras are mourning the shocking death of goalkeeper, Oscar Sein Munguia Zelaya, who was gunned down and killed on Sunday.
According to Sun UK, the horrific incident happened when the Club Deportivo Vida goalkeeper was out with friends at a hotel bar in La Ceiba, El Paseo de los Ceibenos.
Honduran news channel, Hoy Mismo said the 27-year-old was shot severally by a stranger who fled on a motorcycle.
‘We regret the death of our goalkeeper Oscar Munguia, who died tragically in the early hours of Sunday morning,’ the club wrote on Twitter. ‘Our condolences to your relatives.’
The Honduras’ national police force have reportedly begun an immediate investigation into the murder and are trying to establish a motive behind the assassination of goalkeeper Oscar Sein Munguia Zelaya.
- Breaking: Many declared missing as herdsmen strike in Benue February 22, 2019
- Lagos high court orders Jay-Jay Okocha arrest February 22, 2019
- Blac Chyna blasts Soulja Boy, calls him a clout chaser February 22, 2019
- Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche releases new single ‘Oh Prince of Peace’ [DOWNLOAD] February 22, 2019
- Senior chief pilot filmed sleeping at controls of plane (video) February 22, 2019