Jared Polis has just become the first openly gay governor in the United States. The new governor-elect of Colorado who has been open about his sexuality also introduced his long-term partner named Marlon Reis last night.
As a gay couple in the government house, Polis introduced his partner as the state’s “first, first man” during his victory speech.
“I want to thank my personal support network, first and foremost, of course, my amazing partner, and the first ‘first man’ in the history of Colorado, Marlon Reis,” Polis said to a cheering crowd.
Polis was also the first openly gay man to be elected to the House in 2008, before gay marriage was legalized nationwide. Even then, he and Reis were open about the struggles that came with being a same-sex couple in politics. They have two young children together.
- Burna Boy and Stefflon Don in new loved up video February 17, 2019
- Pope defrocks Cardinal Theodore McCarrick over sex abuse allegations February 17, 2019
- BBNaija’s Khloe offers accommodation to stranded youth corpers around Lekki February 17, 2019
- Don’t vote for Buhari, he looks sick – Afia Schwarzenegger tells Nigerians February 17, 2019
- Man fights PHCN official with machete over light disconnection in Lagos (Watch Video) February 17, 2019