The Kano State Fire Service said fire has destroyed 77 temporary shops at Kasuwar Kurmi (‘Yan Gumama) Market in Kano State.
The Spokesman of the State Fire Service, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed told News Agency of Nigeria in Kano State on Sunday that 70 of the shops were razed down completely.
‘Kano Market fire’
“we received a distress call early hours of (Sunday morning) at 07:35 a.m from one Aliyu Ibrahim that there was fire outbreak at the market.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicle to the scene of the incident at 07: 43 a.m to quench the fire so as not to affect other shops,“ he said.
The spokesman said that 70 of the shops were completely razed down while seven shops were saved due to the quick intervention of the firemen.
He advised traders at the market and other residents to be more careful and desist from using instruments capable of triggering fire as a way of guarding against future occurrence during this dry season.
Mohammed also advised the people to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers that would enable them curtail the fire before calling on the fire service.
Mohammed said the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Model Michelle Okoro poses completely naked in new photo March 26, 2019
- Princess Shyngle shares 4 things women hate during sex (18+) March 26, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 27 March 2019 – Dr Paul Enenche March 26, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 27 March 2019 – Out of the Mouths of Babes March 26, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 27 March 2019 – From Believing to Perceiving March 26, 2019