Lionel Messi is in line to make his return from a broken arm on Sunday against Real Betis after being named in Ernesto Valverde’s squad, Goal reports.
Also, Ousmane Dembele will not be involved in the match after the Frenchman reportedly missed training without permission on Thursday.
Messi endured an awkward fall when colliding with Sevilla’s Franco Vazquez in the 4-2 win on October 20 and fractured his arm in the process, ruling him out for three weeks.
He was provisionally named in the travelling squad for Tuesday’s 1-1 draw at Inter in the Champions League, but having not been given the all-clear from medical staff, Barca opted to not include him in the final matchday selection.
However, Barca announced on Saturday he is back in contention to face Betis at Camp Nou, while Samuel Umtiti – who has not featured since the 2-1 defeat at Leganes on September 26 – is also in the squad after recovering from his knee injury. Philippe Coutinho is out for a few weeks with a muscle injury.
Barcelona are currently top of La Liga, having won seven, drawn three and lost just one of their opening 11 games.
- Women take to the streets to protest the renewed political violence in Kogi February 16, 2019
- Buhari departs Katsina, arrives Abuja following election postponement (photos) February 16, 2019
- Breaking: Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri mosque, kills 11 February 16, 2019
- Actress Regina Daniels displays cleavage in braless photos February 16, 2019
- Regina Daniels shows off her new whip, a Mercedes-Benz ML350 (Photos) February 16, 2019