Former US first lady, Michelle Obama’s memoir “Becoming” has recorded massive sales.
Crown Publishing told The Associated Press that Michelle’s memoir has sold more than 1.4 million copies in print and digital formats in the U.S. and Canada in the seven days since it was released Nov. 13.
Based on demand from retailers across all channels, the publisher has printed 3 million hardcover copies in North America. On its first day, the book sold more than 725,000 copies, making it one of the year’s biggest debuts, according to FOX News.
Crown also confirmed to the publication that “Becoming” is currently the No. 1 adult nonfiction title in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Denmark and Finland. In Germany, some 200,000 copies have been sold, prompting a second printing of 100,000 copies.
- EFCC boss, Magu reveals amount stolen under Goodluck Jonathan March 25, 2019
- Two nurses arrested for allegedly selling baby for N350,000 (Photos) March 25, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Sunday Nkechi Blessing takes off her top in MC Galaxy’s live video March 25, 2019
- I flirted with some male housemates because men are sex-driven, says Ahneeka March 25, 2019
- Groups list what Ihedioha must do to Gov. Okorocha March 25, 2019