Shooting Exercise – Enugu State Police Command has urged residents of Enugu not to panic as it carries out a two-day shooting exercise at its shooting range.
The command also urged residents to stay away from the range located behind Superior Police Officers Mess, Agbani Road, within Enugu metropolis.
The Command’s spokesman, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said in a statement on Tuesday in Enugu that the exercise would commence from 8am on Wednesday.
“Arrangements have been concluded for a successful conduct of shooting range exercise organised by the command through Police Mobile Force Squadron 3.
“The exercise is meant for personnel of Police Mobile Force Squadron 3 drawn from various divisions and formations across the state under the Quick Intervention Unit (QIU) programme as directed by the Inspector-General Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris.
“The shooting range programme, which is part of the training, is aimed at enhancing the shooting ability and skills of personnel who have been on four weeks intensive training at the training ground of the Police Mobile Force Squadron 3.
“To this end, the command wishes to inform members of the public, especially those residing within the range axis, not to panic or entertain fear during the exercise.’’
According to him, it is a routine training exercise carried out by the command to enhance the professionalism of its personnel in weapon handling.
- Daddy Freeze fires Oyedepo after he unveiled his Mega Real Estate Housing Project March 25, 2019
- President Buhari makes new appointment March 25, 2019
- EFCC boss, Magu reveals amount stolen under Goodluck Jonathan March 25, 2019
- Two nurses arrested for allegedly selling baby for N350,000 (Photos) March 25, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Sunday Nkechi Blessing takes off her top in MC Galaxy’s live video March 25, 2019