Alaska Earthquake – On Friday, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake rocked Anchorage, Alaska largest city violently shaking homes and businesses and knocking out power to some residents.
The quake was located about eight miles (13 kilometers) north of Anchorage and struck at 8:29 am local time (1729 GMT), the US Geological Survey said. The city’s police department said it had caused “major infrastructure damage to Anchorage.”
“Many homes and buildings are damaged. Many roads and bridges are closed. Stay off the roads if you don’t need to drive” the police department said in a statement.
The Anchorage Daily News, reported that the Glenn Highway had closed north of Eagle River because of damage, and an onramp at the interchange of International Airport Road and Minnesota Boulevard collapsed.
- Daddy Freeze fires Oyedepo after he unveiled his Mega Real Estate Housing Project March 25, 2019
- President Buhari makes new appointment March 25, 2019
- EFCC boss, Magu reveals amount stolen under Goodluck Jonathan March 25, 2019
- Two nurses arrested for allegedly selling baby for N350,000 (Photos) March 25, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Sunday Nkechi Blessing takes off her top in MC Galaxy’s live video March 25, 2019