Ballon d’Or winner Ada Hegerberg was asked on stage whether she can twerk by host Martin Solveig at tonight’s award ceremony.
It’s understood Solveig asked Hegerberg, the first ever women’s Ballon D’Or winner, whether she could perform the dance move.
The Norway star swiftly replied ‘no’ to the bizarre request.
Footy fans watching the action were left outraged by Solveig’s behaviour.
“Extremely disrespectful. Never heard of Martin Solveig. End his career. Have som respect!” posted one.
Another wrote: “Martin Solveig Disasterclass.”
A third tweeted: “Martin Solveig acting like a clown at the ceremony.”
He wrote: “Sincere apologies to the one I may have offended.
“Watch the full sequence People who have followed me for 20 years know how respectful I am especially with women.”
England defender Lucy Bronze, who finished sixth in the Ballon D’Or standings, and plays alongside the Norway star at Lyon said: “The DJ asked each person that won what their dance was but she can twerk, she was lying.
“It was more of a joke of making her dance.”
Hegerberg herself said: “He came to me afterwards and was really sad that it went that way.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019