A court usher has been suspended after a former colleague told bosses they had secret sex sessions in the video link room.
Matt Fowkes, 46, is being investigated by the Ministry of Justice over allegations made by a Witness Service volunteer.
The 40-year-old divorcee said they began dating in August after flirting at Mansfield magistrates’ court.
She added: “We started having a relationship outside of work. Matt’s no oil painting, but he is very charming.
“We often had sex in his car, but then decided to spice things up and we began doing it in the court.
“We knew it was wrong but the video room was private and we could lock the door.
“He always kept his usher’s gown on and would flap his ID lanyard and tie around the back of his neck.
“He used to answer his mobile while we were at it, but just carry on. We both got a thrill out of taking the risk. We could hear people walking by and a prison van backed up in the yard outside.”
The mum of one said on one occasion Fowkes was forced to dash to court with “fake tan from my boobs all over his hands and face”.
Another time they thought their love-making had “broken the table”.
She then gave a statement to court officials about the affair — including messages and pictures of Fowkes naked — and resigned from her role.
She was told her conduct would mean dismissal from her volunteer job, which she accepted.
HM Courts Tribunals Service confirmed a staff member at Mansfield magistrates’ court has been suspended, but declined to comment.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019