An Egyptian woman has been sentenced to three years in jail for “sexually harassing” a monkey.
Basma Ahmed was arrested after a video showing an adult tickling a monkey’s private parts at a pet shop went viral.
Local media reported that Basma Ahmed “confessed… to the incident but said she did not mean to commit an indecent act and that she had been tickling the monkey”.
According to Stepfeed, Ahmed was initially detained for four days but the period was increased to 15 days for further investigation and she was yesterday sentenced for “inciting immorality”.
Basma Ahmed claimed she did not know how the incident had ended up on social media after a friend filmed the episode in Mansoura, Dakahlia, on her mobile phone.
Officials said that Ahmed is not a first-time offender and has previously been charged with two other “public moral” cases.
- DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2019- Pyrrhic Or Permanent Victory? March 23, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 24 March 2019 – The Endless Love of God March 23, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 24 March 2019 – Obey Today March 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 March 2019 – Singing in the Spirit March 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 March 2019 – The Word Prospers March 23, 2019