Former US President, George H.W. Bush is dead.
He died at the age of 94 in Houston on Friday, according to a statement issued by his spokesperson, Jim McGrath.
The statement reads: “George Herbert Walker Bush, World War II naval aviator, Texas oil pioneer, and 41st President of the United States of America, died on November 30, 2018.
“He was 94 and is survived by his five children and their spouses, 17 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, and two siblings.
“He was preceded in death by his wife of 73 years, Barbara; his second child Pauline “Robin” Bush; and his brothers Prescott and William or “Bucky” Bush.”
Bush’s death comes after his wife of 73 years, Barbara Bush, passed away on April 17 at the age of 92.
Bush, the 41st president of the United States, lived longer than any of his predecessors, CNN reports.
Bush is survived by his son, Jeb, the former Florida governor and 2016 presidential candidate; sons Neil and Marvin; daughter Dorothy; and 17 grandchildren.
He will be buried at his presidential library in College Station, Texas.
- EFCC boss, Magu reveals amount stolen under Goodluck Jonathan March 25, 2019
- Two nurses arrested for allegedly selling baby for N350,000 (Photos) March 25, 2019
- Nollywood actress, Sunday Nkechi Blessing takes off her top in MC Galaxy’s live video March 25, 2019
- I flirted with some male housemates because men are sex-driven, says Ahneeka March 25, 2019
- Groups list what Ihedioha must do to Gov. Okorocha March 25, 2019