A senior ISIS leader who was involved in the beheading of an American aid worker, Peter Kassig (pictured above), has been killed in a US drone strike in Syria.
ISIS executioner Abu al Umarayn along with several other members of the territory group were killed on Sunday in a series of precision strikes.
Col Sean Ryan, a spokesman for the US-led coalition against ISIS, told Fox News that al Umarayn was killed in a drone strike in Syria on Sunday. Several other ISIS members were killed in a series of strikes in Syria’s Badiyah Desert, he added.
Col Ryan said in a statement:
Al Umarayn had given indications of posing an imminent threat to Coalition Forces and he was involved in the killing of American Citizen and former U.S. Army Ranger, Peter Kassig.
He has been linked to and directly involved with executing several other prisoners as a senior ISIS member.
Abu Al Umarayn was involved in the murder of Peter Kassig, a US aid worker and former Army Ranger who was abducted, murdered and beheaded by ISIS. Kassig, 26, was kidnapped by ISIS in October 2013 while he was delivering food and medical supplies to refugees in eastern Syria.
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019