Protesters under the auspices, Forum of Non-Governmental Organizations (FONGON), today staged a protest at the US embassy in Abuja, demanding that the US government must not issue visa to former Vice President and PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
The protesters arrived the US embassy at about 12 noon, carrying different placards with inscriptions such as ”U.S.A stay clear of Nigeria’s internal politics”, ‘why now after 14 years’ and many others.
The Federal government has since expressed displeasure at reports that the US might give Atiku visa soon. Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, at a press briefing in Abuja last week, said the US would only be signally an endorsement of Atiku’s presidential bid if they grant him visa now.
See more photos of the protesting Nigerians below
- Rhapsody of Realities 22 February 2019 – Endless Prosperity February 21, 2019
- Open Heaven 22 February 2019 – The Blessedness of being Forgiven February 21, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 22 February 2019 – Futility Of Worldly Wisdom February 21, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 22 February 2019 Devotional – He Holds Our Hand February 21, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 22 February 2019 – The Enemy Deceives Us Scripture February 21, 2019