Doctors in Russia are battling to save the lives of 14-year-old models Masha and Dasha Ledeneva who fell critically ill after starving themselves because their modelling school told them to lose weight. The pair were rushed into intensive care looking like ‘living corpses’.
Their case was brought to attention by Maria Kokhno a 29-year old model and campaigner for eating disorders who had to battle anorexia herself. Kokhno said the girls who were already slim were told to reduce enogh weight ‘so their cheekbones were visible’ in order to be given more shoots.
She said: “Nobody was keen to help the girls, their mother went here and there, hospitals were rejecting them,” said Kokhno.
“The mother contacted TV presenter Elena Malysheva and the Nutrition Institute in Moscow but nobody wanted to deal with ‘living corpses’.
“The girls heard it in their own way.
“These children have always been perfect in everything, so they decided to be perfect here too.
“It all happened very quickly.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019