Premier League Latest Result: EPL latest results 5 December 2018
- Burnley 1 – 3 Liverpool
- Everton 1 – 1 Newcastle United
- Fulham 1 – 1 Leicester City
- Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 – 1 Chelsea FC
- Manchester United 2 – 2 Arsenal
- Tottenham Hotspur 3 – 1 Southampton
Chelsea were made to pay heavily for missed chances as they squandered a lead to lose 2-1 at Wolves on Wednesday.
Kante’s position will again raise eyebrows among Chelsea fans, with Sarri choosing once more not to deploy the Frenchman in his favoured holding midfield role.
Summer-signing Jorginho has usurped the World Cup-winner to become Sarri’s preferred deep-lying midfielder but even with the Italy international rested Sarri deployed Cesc Fabregas as his most withdrawn midfielder.
With Chelsea’s new manager favouring creativity over energy in the holding role, Kante looks like a star without a role as he enjoyed moments of promise in a more advanced position but failed to impose himself in the manner that made him a title-winning lynchpin with both Leicester and the Blues.
Sarri’s regular goalscoring worries were also laid bare once more as Alvaro Morata laboured unsuccessfully for 65 minutes before being withdrawn.
It was a momentous night for Wolves, however, with Nuno Espirito Santo’s side recording their first victory in seven league games to bring an end to a slump that had followed an impressive start to the season.
They were second best for much of the first half and had already withstood some Chelsea pressure when the visitors took the lead.
Loftus-Cheek cut in from the left and hit a curling shot that struck the head of the unlucky Conor Coady to wrongfoot goalkeeper Rui Patricio and creep inside the near post.
A fine save by Patricio denied Willan a second goal for the visitors before a brilliant saving challenge from Ryan Bennett thwarted Willian.
Morata and Kante both went close for Chelsea early in the second period but Wolves were level just before the hour mark when Morgan Gibbs-White fed Jimenez, who drilled a low shot under goalkeeper Kepa.
The winner came in the 63rd minute when Matt Doherty crossed and Jota side-footed home.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019