IBADAN – Four traders were on Monday crushed to death on the Ibadan-Oyo Expressway when a truck rammed a taxi conveying them at a failed portion of the road.
Several portions of the road have become deplorable as travellers agonise daily over the condition of the road.
The accident made other motorists to shed tears upon seeing the victims lying lifeless on the road.
The accident, which occurred near the overhead bridge in Akinyele area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, our correspondent gathered, happened when the truck rammed the taxi, which slowed down to navigate its way through the failed portion.
Eyewitnesses said the accident was caused by the failure of the truck’s brake, which made it impossible for the driver to avoid hitting the taxi.
The corpses of the deceased and two survivors, who sustained varying degrees of injury, were taken to the State Hospital, Adeoyo.
The accident, which occurred at about 12.15pm, caused gridlock on the busy road.
The Public Relations Officer, Federal Road Safety Corps, Oyo State, Mr Seun Onijala, confirmed the accident.
Onijala said a team of FRSC personnel in Akinyele had been dispatched to the scene as of press time, adding that normalcy would return within hours, and urged motorists not to panic about the traffic situation.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019