WATCH: President Trump and former President Barack Obama share a handshake at George H.W. Bush's funeral pic.twitter.com/nveLphMdiI
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) December 5, 2018
The Trumps, Obamas and Clintons sat next to one another at George H.W. Bush’s funeral on Wednesday morning ― and it was as awkward as you’d expect.
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump took their seats in the front row next to former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama at the Washington National Cathedral. As Melania Trump moved into the pew, she leaned over and shook former President Bill Clinton’s hand and waved to Hillary Clinton, who was sitting next to her husband. Both Trumps shook hands with the Obamas, but President Trump did not offer his hand to the Clintons.
After Melania Trump waved to Hillary Clinton, the camera panned out and viewers could see the former secretary of state nodding her head, seemingly annoyed.
While it’s customary that all current and former presidents and their spouses attending a funeral service for a former president sit in the front row at the cathedral, it definitely made for some stressful live television.
Viewers hilariously noted the awkward exchange on Twitter, pointing out just how tense the moment was.
Some even pointed out former President Jimmy Carter’s side eye, as Michelle Obama and President Trump shook hands. Scroll below to read more reactions.
- Burna Boy and Stefflon Don in new loved up video February 17, 2019
- Pope defrocks Cardinal Theodore McCarrick over sex abuse allegations February 17, 2019
- BBNaija’s Khloe offers accommodation to stranded youth corpers around Lekki February 17, 2019
- Don’t vote for Buhari, he looks sick – Afia Schwarzenegger tells Nigerians February 17, 2019
- Man fights PHCN official with machete over light disconnection in Lagos (Watch Video) February 17, 2019