Andrew Wommack Devotional 24 January 2019
Topic: A Greater Humulity
Key Verse: Matthew 3:14, “But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?”
Message: John the Baptist was overwhelmed that Jesus was asking to be baptized by him. John had already declared himself unworthy to unloose the latchet of the Christ’s shoes, and now the Christ was asking him to administer His baptism (Lk. 3:16).
Likewise, we are often overwhelmed by the idea that the Lord could use us. Who are we to proclaim the unsearchable riches of Christ? It is easy to disqualify ourselves and not fulfill God’s instructions. However, Jesus told John that he had to do it to fulfill all righteousness.
Andrew Wommack Devotional 24 January 2019 – A Greater Humulity
As wonderful as it may seem, the Lord has chosen to use us. God’s Word could not have been fulfilled without John’s cooperation. The Lord works through men.
We can do nothing by ourselves, but the Lord will do nothing by Himself (Jn. 15:5; Eph. 3:20). A lack of understanding this has caused many people to miss God’s blessings. They pray and desire God’s best, but wait on God to move independent of them. There are things that we must do to fulfill the righteousness of God in our lives.
John was not seeking to exalt himself, but his failure to baptize Jesus would not have been an act of humility. It would have been stupidity. It takes great humility to recognize the call of God on your life and let Him use you.
Andrew Wommack Devotional 23 January 2019 was written by The Association of Related Ministries International (ARMI) is an extension of Andrew Wommack Ministries (AWM).
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019