Billy Graham Devotion 23 January 2019
Topic: Wait Upon the Lord
Memorise: Glory in the Lord; O worshipers of God, rejoice. Search for him and for his strength, and keep on searching! —Psalm 105:3,4 (TLB)
Message: Jerome, one of the early Christians, said, “Ignorance of the Bible means ignorance of Christ.” Job once said, “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.” Jeremiah said, “Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart.” To read the Bible one needs a “quiet time.”
Billy Graham Devotion 23 January 2019 – Wait Upon the Lord
Christian students often ask, “How do you maintain your spiritual high? What do you do on a daily basis?” I tell them about my “quiet time.” Some days it is in the early, sometimes late-morning, sometimes evening. Without it, my Christian life would be a wilderness. Isaiah said, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31).
So gain the strength of eagles, as the prophet suggested. Set a time each day when you can spend a few minutes alone with God. Billy Graham Daily Devotions 23 January 2019
Prayer for the day: Dear Lord, teach us to wait upon You, that we may know Your strength.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Billy Graham, Founder of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association(BGEA). BGEA exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ by every effective means and to equip the church and others to do the same.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019