Joyce Meyer 1 January 2019 Daily Devotional
Topic: Secure in Christ
Scripture: May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love. — Ephesians 3:17 (AMPC)
Message: An addiction is something that controls people—something they feel they cannot do without or something they do to alleviate pain or pressure. It is what people run to when they are hurting or feel lonely.
It comes in many varieties, such as drugs, alcohol, gambling, sex, shopping, eating, work—and, yes, even approval.
Like any addict, insecure people look for a “fix” when they get shaky. They need someone to reaffirm them and assure them everything is all right and they are acceptable.
Joyce Meyer 1 January 2019 Daily Devotional – Secure in Christ
When a person has an addiction, the things they are addicted to are on their mind most of the time. Therefore, if someone is an approval addict, they will have an abnormal concern and an abundance of thoughts about what people think of them.
The good news is that none of us has to suffer with insecurity; there is a cure for the approval addict. The Word of God says we can be secure and confident through Jesus Christ. That means we are free to be ourselves and become all we can be in Him.
Prayer Starter: Lord, teach me what it means to be rooted deep in Your love and to be secure in my relationship with Jesus. You know my weaknesses and everything that seeks to control my life. You know the “fixes” that I have tried. Help me to know my freedom in Christ. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Source: Joyce Meyer Ministries
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019