Joyce Meyer Devotional 17 January 2019
Topic: See the Good in People
Scripture: Apply your heart to instruction and your ear to words of knowledge.— Proverbs 23:12
Message: God is reminding me today to look for the good in everyone I meet. I have no difficulty locating what is wrong with people, and in fact, I sometimes seem to be an expert at it!
I don’t like being that way and am thankful that in Christ, I can choose another way of living. If you struggle with this, then you can too.
Jesus has given us a new nature (see 2 Corinthians 5:17), and we can purpose to live out of it and actually learn to treat people the way Jesus would.
Joyce Meyer Devotional 17 January 2019 – See the Good in People
I am asking for the “gift of awareness.” I want to be aware of what is right and good about people and not merely what is wrong with them. I don’t want to try and take the speck out of my brother’s eye when I have a log in my own (see Matthew 7:4).
Let’s make this year one of believing the best of everyone we know. It will help us have more joy, and we will enjoy the people in our lives much more than ever before.
Prayer Starter: Dear Jesus, I long to be like You and see people the way You do. Help me take the time to really get to know people and not merely judge them at first glance. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Joyce Meyer!
- Rhapsody of Realities 24 February 2019 – The Fullness of Christ February 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 February 2019 – Are you a Stumbling Block? February 23, 2019
- DCLM daily Manna 24 February 2019 Devotional – A More Excellent Way February 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 February 2019 Devotional – Quiet Awe February 23, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 24 February 2019 – Salt Shakers February 23, 2019