A 26-year-old man has been arrested, together with his father, after a schoolgirl, 13, who had been missing for months was found naked in his home situated in a church owned by his parents.
The class 4 pupil had been missing from her home for over three months and her parents reported the matter to the police.
The girl was later found living with the suspect in a manner likely to suggest she was his wife. They lived in a church owned by his parents.
According to the area chief Peter Oula, police stormed the church after they got a tip-off from a member of the public. They found the suspect and the minor naked. The man attempted to flee but was arrested by Administration Police officers at Nyaundho village in Rangwe sub-county, Kenya.
Mr Oula said:
The young man wanted to escape but police got hold of him. He was responsible for the girl’s decision to drop out of school for an early marriage.
The suspect allegedly eloped with the girl and his father was aware of this and did nothing.
When they were caught, the suspect’s father attempted to shield him from police officers, telling them the minor had been in the church to receive special prayers.
The suspect’s father lied to us, saying that the girl had come to church for prayers. This made us conclude he was part of the efforts to have the girl married early.
The suspect, his father and the girl were detained at Rangwe police station.
- Open Heaven 23 February 2019 – The Devil Unmasked February 22, 2019
- RCCG 2019 Fasting Prayer Points Guide – Day 44 February 22, 2019
- Rhapsody of Realities 23 February 2019 – Walk In The Spirit February 22, 2019
- Desmond Elliot under attack for inaugurating toilet February 22, 2019
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows February 22, 2019