Prosecutors have charged a Mexican national with murder in the killing of a California police officer.
Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office spokesman John Goold said suspect Gustavo Perez Arriaga was charged Wednesday and is expected to be arraigned later in the day in Modesto.
Perez Arriaga was arrested Friday in the Dec. 26 shooting of Newman police Cpl. Ronil Singh during a traffic stop. The 33-year-old Singh was married and had a 5-month-old son.
Authorities say Perez Arriaga was in the country illegally and had previous arrests for driving under the influence of alcohol. Authorities say he was planning to flee to Mexico.
President Trump cited the case while calling for tougher border security.
- Breaking: PDP campaign spokesman abducted February 23, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 23 February 2019 – You Are Blessed in Christ February 23, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 23 February 2019 – Just One Body February 23, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 23 February 2019 – The Atmosphere of Worship – Dr. Paul Enenche February 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 23 February 2019 – Living in God’s Story February 23, 2019