The Jigawa State police command has said a 40- year-old-man, Abdullahi Jafaru, attempted to commit suicide after his wife, Halima, refused to return home following a dispute.
According to a report by PremiumTimes, Abdullahi poured petrol on himself and set himself ablaze in Shunar, Kafin Hausa LGA of the State.
The Jigawa police spokesperson, Audu Jinjiri, said on December 31, 2018, Halima left her matrimonial home because of a misunderstanding with her husband. Jinjiri said attempts made by Jafaru to convince Halima, his first of two wives, to return were unsuccessful. The couple reportedly have six children together.
Not being able to convince his wife, a troubled Jafaru then poured petrol on himself and set himself ablaze. He was, however, rescued and rushed to the hospital. But while still on the sick bed receiving treatment, Jafaru has continued calling Halima’s name, even though his second wife remains with him at the hospital taking care of him.
- 25th March 2019 Open Heaven – Sinner Turned Saint March 24, 2019
- 25th March 2019 Rhapsody of Realities Devotional March 24, 2019
- APC rejects Sokoto Governorship election results March 24, 2019
- Teen girl who raped her friend’s 4-year-old brother reveals why she did it March 24, 2019
- Emmanuel Amuneke makes history as Tanzania return to Afcon stage after 39-year wait March 24, 2019