Marseille have been plunged deeper into crisis after they were embarrassingly dumped out of the French Cup 2-0 by fourth-division Andrezieux on Sunday.
Goals from Bryan-Clovis Ngwabije in the 17th minute and Florian Milla seven minutes from the end humiliated Rudi Garcia’s side, who last season reached the final of the Europa League, and leaves them winless in seven matches.
Ngwabije, who hadn’t scored a goal since the start of the season, told Eurosport that he had “dreamed” of making such a big impact.
Marseille’s poor run of form has seen them knocked out of both domestic cup competitions and the Europa League, which they exited at the group stage last month.
They are a whopping 20 points behind runaway Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint-Germain, but more importantly five away from Lyon and the final Champions League place.
Marseille join fellow Ligue 1 sides Montpellier, Nimes and Angers out of the cup.
Meanwhile struggling Monaco, locked in a relegation battle, struggled to a 1-0 win over fifth-tier Canet en Roussillon despite playing with a man extra for over 70 minutes.
Moussa Sylla’s second-minute strike ensure just the fifth win in all competitions for Thierry’s side, who are second-from-bottom in Ligue 1.
- DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2019- Pyrrhic Or Permanent Victory? March 23, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 24 March 2019 – The Endless Love of God March 23, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 24 March 2019 – Obey Today March 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 March 2019 – Singing in the Spirit March 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 March 2019 – The Word Prospers March 23, 2019