The late Michael Jackson’s estate is slamming a new documentary making allegations of sexual abuse by the late singer.
The documentary titled “Leaving Neverland,” is set to premiere at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival and it reportedly accuses Michael of sexually abusing two young boys. But his estate called out the producers of the documentary and say it is a clear attempt to exploit Michael.
Speaking to TMZ, Michael Jackson’s estate said:
This is yet another lurid production in an outrageous and pathetic attempt to exploit and cash in on Michael Jackson.
Michael’s estate also says the “so-called documentary is just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations. It’s baffling why any credible filmmaker would involve himself with this project.”
It’s unclear which of MJ’s accusers are the focus of the documentary but his estate apparently believes it’s Wade Robson and James Safechuck, because the estate says “both testified under oath that Michael never did anything inappropriate toward them.”
- Bayelsa Assembly: PDP wins additional seat March 24, 2019
- PDP forms majority in Adamawa Assembly March 24, 2019
- Samuel Ortom of PDP declared winner of Benue governorship election March 24, 2019
- Bala Mohammed of PDP wins Bauchi supplementary poll March 24, 2019
- Sokoto guber: INEC announces Tambuwal of PDP winner of governorship election March 24, 2019