The Nigerian Army on Tuesday evening released the detained Bureau-Chief of the Daily Trust Newspaper, Uthman Abubakar.
Abubakar was picked up by the military after a raid on the Maiduguri office of the newspaper on Sunday January 6th.
Abubakar was released this evening and is said to be in a stable condition. He was allowed to go home even though his mobile devices are still with the security operatives who released him.
Recall that Abubakar was arrested alongside a reporter for the newspaper, Ibrahim Sawab, after the Army raided their Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna and Maiduguri offices.
In a statement released on Monday, the Army said the raid was as a result of a story the newspaper published that could jeopardize national security.
Sawab has since been released.
Miss Myanmar comes out as a lesbian following her participation at the 2019 Miss Universe contestant
Miss Myanmar, Swe Zin Htet has come out as a gay woman following her competition at the 2019 Miss Universe....
Ghanaian celebrities blast Cardi B for shunning them (Video)
Some Ghanaian Celebrities have called out rapper Cardi B for allegedly shunning them after she arrived in the West African...
Show us how you’re able to afford your lifestyle – Yomi Black to Toke Makinwa
Nollywood filmmaker, Yomi Black has challenged OAP Toke Makinwa to come out to prove to the world how she is...
Miss South Africa Zozibini Tunzi crowned Miss Universe 2019
South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi was crowned Miss Universe 2019 on Sunday night. The 26-year-old beauty queen beat 89 other contestants...
- UK government speaks on Sowore’s rearrest, asks FG to respect rule of law December 11, 2019
- What happen to your body when you eat 2 bananas per day December 11, 2019
- Biafra: Why I Love Senator Abaribe – Nnamdi Kanu December 11, 2019
- Nigerian youths not prepared for leadership – Prophet Alo December 11, 2019
- MFM Mountain Top Life Devotional 11 December 2019 – Jesus, Friend Of Sinners (I) December 11, 2019