The Nigerian Army on Tuesday evening released the detained Bureau-Chief of the Daily Trust Newspaper, Uthman Abubakar.
Abubakar was picked up by the military after a raid on the Maiduguri office of the newspaper on Sunday January 6th.
Abubakar was released this evening and is said to be in a stable condition. He was allowed to go home even though his mobile devices are still with the security operatives who released him.
Recall that Abubakar was arrested alongside a reporter for the newspaper, Ibrahim Sawab, after the Army raided their Abuja, Lagos, Kaduna and Maiduguri offices.
In a statement released on Monday, the Army said the raid was as a result of a story the newspaper published that could jeopardize national security.
Sawab has since been released.
- Reality star Erica Mena’s ex-boyfriend Cliff Dixon shot & killed in Atlanta March 21, 2019
- Latasha Ngwube shares video from a ‘waxing’ session of her private part March 21, 2019
- Porsha Williams flaunts her baby bump in stunning bikini photos March 21, 2019
- Singer Amara La Negra shows off her backside in snakeskin bodysuit (Photos) March 21, 2019
- Doctor sedates, rapes, married patient in Sokoto March 21, 2019