Onnoghen’s suspension – The National Judicial Council (NJC) has summoned an emergency meeting, over the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen’s suspension.
According to Daily Post, the meeting will be held in Abuja by 10am on Monday.
Neither Onnoghen nor Tanko Ibrahim Muhammad, the acting CJN, will be allowed to preside over the meeting.
Buhari had on Friday suspended Onnoghen and immediately appointed Muhammed as acting CJN.
Explaining his reason, the President said he suspended Onnoghen, following an order from the CCT, asking him to wield the big stick.
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has already slammed Buhari’s decision to suspend Onnoghen, describing it as an “attempted coup against the Nigerian Judiciary”.
- Rhapsody of Realities 24 February 2019 – The Fullness of Christ February 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 February 2019 – Are you a Stumbling Block? February 23, 2019
- DCLM daily Manna 24 February 2019 Devotional – A More Excellent Way February 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 February 2019 Devotional – Quiet Awe February 23, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 24 February 2019 – Salt Shakers February 23, 2019