A passenger was stabbed to death on board a train from Guilford to London and the knifeman is currently on the run.
Witnesses say the murder happened after the two men began fighting. Both men exchanged punches before the man with the knife stabbed the other and he died at the scene despite desperate attempts by paramedics to save him.
Detective Superintendent Gary Richardson from British Transport Police, said:
Officers from BTP are with the family and have deployed a specially trained family liaison officer to support them through this difficult time.
We know that this was an incredibly frightening incident for passengers travelling on the train.
We believe that the suspect and victim boarded the train at London Road at 1.01pm and we would encourage who was on this train to come forward regardless of whether or not they think they can help our investigation.
We believe the suspect departed the train at Clandon station.
Passengers and members of the public can expect to see an increased presence by BTP and Surrey Police officers at Horsley and Clandon as our enquiries continue.
We would advise anyone in the local area who sees anyone they think maybe the suspect to contact 999 immediately.
- DCLM Daily Manna 24 March 2019- Pyrrhic Or Permanent Victory? March 23, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 24 March 2019 – The Endless Love of God March 23, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 24 March 2019 – Obey Today March 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 24 March 2019 – Singing in the Spirit March 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 24 March 2019 – The Word Prospers March 23, 2019