American singer Chris Brown and two others have been released from police custody and won’t face any charges at this time, but an investigation continues as he has being accused of aggravated rape and drug offenses by a lady in Paris.
The Associated Press, citing two anonymous police officials, said the 29-year-old singer was detained Monday along with his bodyguard and one other person after a woman accused Brown of raping her in a hotel room last week.
The singer issued a statement on his Instagram account on Tuesday denying the accusations.
“I wanna make it perfectly clear ….. This is false and a whole lot of CAP!,” he wrote in the all-caps message. “… For my daughter and my family this is so disrespectful and is against my character and morals!!!!” he wrote
Raphael Chiche, the singer’s attorney, said his client “vigorously protests his innocence” and has directed him to file a complaint due to the “slander of which he has unfairly been the subject.”
The singer has had several run-ins with the law, including physical assault charges after an incident with his then-girlfriend, Rihanna, in 2009. He was charged with felony assault and making criminal threats in that incident, and received five years probation and community service.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019