The National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has removed Rochas Okorocha, Governor of Imo State, as the party’s campaign council coordinator in the state.
This comes after the state chapter of the APC had already announced the suspension of the governor a few days ago.
However, the APC NWC confirmed the suspension on Sunday saying its decision is based on Okorocha’s anti-party activities. Confirming the suspension to Punch newspaper, Mallam Lanre Issa-Onilu, the APC National Publicity Secretary, noted that Okorocha could not be part of the party’s strategic meetings since he had publicly worked against the party’s interest.
Okorocha has vowed to work in the interest of the governorship ambition of his in-law, Uche Nwosu, who is the candidate of the Action Alliance (AA), against Hope Uzodinma of the APC.
Confirming the suspension, Issa-Onilu said: “the APC had directed governors to take over the campaign of the party in the state. Where it has no governor, it directed governorship candidate to take over. Since Okorocha has displayed anti-party traits, you can’t expect him to be part of our strategic meetings again.”
From Issa-Onilu’s remarks, it is expected that Uzodinma will now head the campaign council in Imo State.
- Breaking: PDP campaign spokesman abducted February 23, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 23 February 2019 – You Are Blessed in Christ February 23, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 23 February 2019 – Just One Body February 23, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 23 February 2019 – The Atmosphere of Worship – Dr. Paul Enenche February 23, 2019
- Our Daily Bread 23 February 2019 – Living in God’s Story February 23, 2019