Tennis legend, Serena Williams has been knocked out of the Australian Open tournament after she lost to Czech star Karolina Pliskova in the quarterfinals clash on Wednesday.
The 37-year-old mother of one was up 5-1, 40-30 in the third set of their match when she when developed an ankle problem. But she played through and eventually lost as Pliskova, the No. 7 seed in the tournament, won the match 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 to advance to the Australian Open semifinals against Naomi Osaka.
Williams, who didn’t call for a trainer when she appeared to injure her ankle, said after the match that it “seems to be fine.”
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019