A disc jockey identified as Jerry Okirwoth has been killed by concert-goers for playing boring music.
Late Jerry Okirwoth, a part time DJ and student at Parombo Secondary School in Uganda was murdered by the mob for failing to play their favourite songs. He was killed in a disco hall in Nebbi District, Northern Uganda.
Nebbi Resident District Commissioner William Bob Labeja blamed the establishment’s management for failing to protect the fast rising DJ from the angry crowd.
“As the head of security in the district, I will no longer allow any disco operators to conduct their businesses in the sub-county and anybody who defies the directive will be prosecuted.
All disco halls in all sub counties must be closed because they are causing insecurity and redundancy among the youth,” he told the press.
In 2014, three Zimbabwean men were charged with murder after assaulting a DJ on Independence Day for playing ‘boring music’. Elson Samuel Tirivavi, 22, suffered severe head injuries after he was hit with a chair and a bottle in the ensuing fight.
- Billy Graham Devotional 23 February 2019 – Living in His Power February 23, 2019
- Kenneth Copeland Devotional 23 February 2019 – Don’t Stop at the Gate February 23, 2019
- Open Heaven 23 February 2019 – The Devil Unmasked February 22, 2019
- RCCG 2019 Fasting Prayer Points Guide – Day 44 February 22, 2019
- Rhapsody of Realities 23 February 2019 – Walk In The Spirit February 22, 2019