Sergio Aguero scores hat-trick as Manchester City beat Arsenal 3-1
Sergio Aguero delivered a striker’s master-class – an expert lesson in goal-poaching – as Manchester City beat Arsenal to re-assert themselves in the title race.
Aguero’s three goals represented his 10th hat-trick in the Premier League and only Alan Shearer, with 11, has claimed more in the competition’s history. All three goals were also claimed from deep in Arsenal’s six-yard area as Aguero showed that predator’s instinct.
The Argentinean, after receiving a bang on the head, departed to a standing ovation with 10 minutes to go and now also has 42 goals against the other so-called ‘Big Six’ clubs, twice as many as his nearest challenger, Harry Kane, with 21.
Now it is over to Liverpool who travel to West Ham United for their Monday night fixture with their lead reduced to two points ahead of City who moved back to second place in front of Tottenham Hotspur, albeit with that game in hand.
For Arsenal this was another sobering lesson, another failure to beat one of the ‘Big Six’ themselves away from home – 21 games now without having done so – and another reminder of their chronic weakness in defence. Shkodran Mustafi went off injured – it is remarkable the number of Arsenal defenders who go off when the chips are down – to stretch their resources even further.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019