DCLM Daily Manna 1 March 2019 Devotional by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: Brevity Of Life
TEXT: Judges 12:7-15
7. And Jephthah judged Israel six years. Then died Jephthah the Gileadite, and was buried in one of the cities of Gilead.
8. And after him Ibzan of Bethlehem judged Israel.
9. And he had thirty sons, and thirty daughters, whom he sent abroad, and took in thirty daughters from abroad for his sons. And he judged Israel seven years.
10. Then died Ibzan, and was buried at Bethlehem.
11. And after him Elon, a Zebulonite, judged Israel; and he judged Israel ten years.
12. And Elon the Zebulonite died, and was buried in Aijalon in the country of Zebulun.
13. And after him Abdon the son of Hillel, a Pirathonite, judged Israel.
14. And he had forty sons and thirty nephews, that rode on threescore and ten ass colts: and he judged Israel eight years.
15. And Abdon the son of Hillel the Pirathonite died, and was buried in Pirathon in the land of Ephraim, in the mount of the Amalekites.
“And Jephthah judged Israel six years. Then died Jephthah the Gileadite, and was buried in one of the cities of Gilead.” – (Judges 12:7).
DCLM DAILY MANNA 1 MARCH 2019 MESSAGE:
For every man, life is short and uncertain. Only the near approach of death is ever so sure. It is therefore necessary that we place priority on living a life that counts for eternity.
The story of Jephthah shows that God can use anyone to accomplish His purpose. Through his boldness and faith in the God of Israel, he obtained great deliverance for Israel against the Ammonites.
Jephthah was firm in his decision and vow to God. His steadfastness is a lesson to contemporary believers. Although, he died after only six years of his victory over the Ammonities, that victory brought peace that lasted over 31 years to Israel. The three judges that ruled immediately after Jephthah had no wars to fight for their reign were peaceful.
However, after the death of Jephthah, Israel soon went back to their sinful lifestyle. The three succeeding judges passed away quickly after their respective short reigns that God might again visit Israel for their sin and backsliding. When iniquity abounds in the land, and righteous leaders become few, it is a sign that evil days are near.
The lessons in today’s passage are many. First, we must come to term with the brevity of life. No matter how long we live, our life is short in view of eternity. Second, it is unwise to bask endlessly in the joy of any earthly victory or success; we must not lose focus of eternity. Third, the peace we make or the row we cause today may have effects running on after us for some generations after. We must therefore endeavour to make peace with men at all times.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The righteous is taken away from the wrath to come.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Leviticus 8-11
DCLM Daily Manna 1 March 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.
‘Big boobs suck and they hurt’ – Ex-Playboy model warns women against breast enlargement surgery
Former Playboy model, Simone Holtznagel who is known for her killer curves and large E-cup breasts has shared a chilling...
Stefflon Don puts her cleavage on display in hot photos
British-Jamaican rapper, Stefflon Don shared these stunning new photos of herself posing in a revealing dress which showcased her cleavage....
Photos of Kevin Hart and his wife Eniko
American comedian/actor, Kevin Hart’s wife Eniko Hart shared these lovely photos of them posing together during their vacation in Thailand....
Cyber-crime is giving Nigerians a horrible image in the international community, says Falz
Rapper Falz has reaffirmed his resolve to continue condemning social vices in his songs, noting that cyber-crime has given Nigerians...
- Seeds of Destiny 20 June 2019 – Your Company & Your Destiny June 20, 2019
- Open Heaven June 20, 2019 – More than Conquerors June 20, 2019
- DCLM Daily Manna 20 June 2019 – The Enemy’s Strategy June 20, 2019
- Andrew Wommack Devotional 20 June 2019 – Sickness Is Not From God June 20, 2019
- Billy Graham Devotional 20 June 2019 – Forgiveness in Marriage June 20, 2019