Security operatives said to be men of the Department of State Services have arrested the Peoples Democratic Party campaign spokesman in Kaduna State, Mr. Ben Bako.
Bako, a former Information Commissioner in the state under the PDP administration, was reportedly arrested on Saturday night by the operatives of the secret Police.
He was said to have been taken to Abuja.
Though no reason was adduced as to his arrest, the Deputy Director of Campaign Council, Danjuma Sarki, who confirmed the arrest, called for the immediate release of the spokesman.
Addressing a press conference at the campaign office of the party on Sunday, Sarki said Bako was invited to the office of the Department of State Service, only for him to be whisked away to Abuja later in the day.
He expressed concern over the neutrality of some of the security agencies in the state, noting that heads of security agencies that are seen to have compromised should be redeployed.
Sarki said: “As a law abiding citizen with nothing to fear or hide, Mr. Bako dutifully honoured the invitation of the DSS after informing many members of the campaign team.
“He was kept incommunicado for several hours and finally whisked to Abuja in the late hours of last night (Saturday).”
While calling on local and international observers to take special interest in Kaduna before, during and after the election, Sarki said that PDP was committed to violence-free polls.
He added that no amount of intimidation would deter the party from protecting members’ rights to vote in the Saturday poll.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019