Liverpool’s Joe Gomez is to have an operation in the hope of aiding his recovery from a lower leg fracture, the Premier League leaders announced Monday.
Gomez suffered the injury in a 3-1 victory at Burnley early in December.
“Liverpool can confirm Joe Gomez is to undergo surgery to assist his recovery from a lower leg fracture sustained at Burnley on December 5,” the club said in a statement.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp added: “It’s a blow for the boy and for us — because prior to the injury he was in such fantastic shape.
“But he is too valuable to take any risk with, both for our present and future, so we get this procedure done and he comes back when he’s ready.”
Meanwhile, Gomez said it had been difficult finding out he would be sidelined for longer than first thought.
“Obviously being out for longer than we’d first hoped for is hard to swallow but it’s part and parcel of the industry,” he said. “It was an injury caused by an impact, like nearly all the injuries I’ve had in my career, so I know it’s just a case of when it’s fully healed I’m good to go again.
“The hardest part is not being able to help the team and contribute on the pitch at the moment, so it’s important I come back ready to go and this procedure will help with that.”
- Open Heaven 23 February 2019 – The Devil Unmasked February 22, 2019
- RCCG 2019 Fasting Prayer Points Guide – Day 44 February 22, 2019
- Rhapsody of Realities 23 February 2019 – Walk In The Spirit February 22, 2019
- Desmond Elliot under attack for inaugurating toilet February 22, 2019
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows February 22, 2019