Manchester United are ready to make David de Gea the best paid player in the Premier League, The Sunday Times reports.
The Old Trafford outfit will table an offer with a basic pay package of £90m over five years.
The deal will see De Gea’s wages overtake that of team-mates, Paul Pogba and Alexis Sanchez, as well as Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil.
United executive chairman, Ed Woodward, has made sorting De Gea’s future top priority, as he works to tie down deals for a number of United’s first-team squad.
The Spaniard’s deal runs until the end of the 2019/2020 season.
De Gea, who has spent eight years at the club, has been named United’s player of the year in four of the last five seasons.
- Plateau Supplementary: Live results, updates March 23, 2019
- Nigeria now more divided than during civil war – Obasanjo March 23, 2019
- BBNaija Reunion: Alex bursts into tears and walks out after Cee-C revealed to the World that she had sex with Tobi in SA after the show (Videos) March 23, 2019
- Seeds of Destiny 23 March 2019 – How To Pray and Study God’s Word March 23, 2019
- BBNaija Reunion: Don’t bring my friends and I into your reunion lies and propaganda’ – Miracle fires Nina March 23, 2019