Mikel Obi and his Middlesbrough teammates reportedly escaped a flight mishap after a faulty Middlesbrough plane was grounded before take off.
Super Eagles captain who joined Championship side Middlesbrough on a short term deal was reportedly at risk of a plane crash just after their game against Newport County in the FA Cup replay played on Tuesday, February 5.
According to a report by Football live, Mikel and his Middlesbrough teammates were about the leave the Rodney Parade Arena after a 2-0 loss to their opponents but their flight had to be postponed. In the report, the Middlesbrough flight was postponed as the the plane suffered from engine failure. and was grounded.
If the fault had not been detected, Mikel and his teammates could have suffered a mishap while on air which could have cost the lives of players and officials of Middlesbrough.
The news comes at a time when the football world is still in shock over the passing away for Argentina and Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala who was confirmed dead days after his flight crashed.
In the report after the plane was not cleared to take off at the Cardiff Airport runway, Mikel and his Middlesbrough teammates had to return home by bus.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019