Lawrence Okoye, a former Olympian and NFL star, has been arrested alongside 12 other men on charges of men soliciting prostitution on in Shelby County.
Lawrence Okoye is a 27 years old born to Nigerian parents who currently plays for Birmingham Iron in the Alliance of American football (AAF).
A police statement said:
“On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force (SCDETF), in partnership with the Hoover Police Department, conducted an undercover reverse prostitution sting, titled Operation Close Out, Round 3.
“The operation was carried out in North Shelby County.
“The operation is a continuation from September 20th, and October 18th, 2018, in which 20 total offenders were previously arrested.
“13 men were arrested and charged with the crime of Soliciting Prostitution.”
Lawrence Okoye competed in the 2012 Olympics for Britain before quitting athletics to pursue an American Football career. He holds the British record in the discus of 68.24 metres.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019