Nigeria Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has stated that there is no plan to islamize Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Osinbajo made this known while speaking on Bond FM 92.9 where he also spoke on efforts the Federal Government is putting in place to rescue Leah Sharibu show as kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists.
According to him:
“There are people who act as middlemen who know how to reach out to them. The govt will get Leah Sharibu and the others back from Boko Haram.”
On the talk of Buhari islamizing Nigeria, he said:
“He rejected the offer to join OIC as a military head of state without a national assembly to stop him. It was General Ibrahim Babangida who later joined the organization where Nigeria is still a member”.
Osinbajo pointed out that it was during former President, Olusegun Obasanjo that Nigeria had 12 states that became Sharia states.
“Just imagine that it was during this government that 12 States began to practice Sharia law, they would have said he was planning to Islamize Nigeria.
“Let me tell you something, no one can Islamize Nigeria and certainly President Buhari is the kind of man to do such a thing,” he added.
- Khloe Kardashian steps out for the first time amid Tristan Thompson cheating February 21, 2019
- 13-year-old old girl impregnated by father, puts to bed in Edo State February 21, 2019
- Naked photo of Former Miss Common Wealth Nigeria is shared to Instagram February 21, 2019
- Video of Nigerian soldiers in the war front worshiping God February 21, 2019
- Ruthless comment is sign of Buhari’s frustration – ADP presidential candidate February 21, 2019